PLEASE BE AWARE AS A MEMBER YOU HAVE SIGNED OUR MEMBERSHIP PACK & AGREED TO FOLLOW THESE RULES
- All ELITE Gymnastics Academy members, parents and staff must adhere to the specific rules of the venues we run classes in.
- Our classes are now oversubscribed in order to secure your child’s place please insure that subscriptions are paid by due dates. If fees are not paid by the dead line the Club will assume the place for your child is no longer required. Any late payments that are accepted will incur a administration charge.
- Missed sessions are not refundable or transferable to other sessions or gymnasts.
- Payment for courses must be in an envelope with your child’s full name on it (we do not have time to answer questions or have discussions re payment as your paying for your kids sessions it’s not fair on coaches, kids and parents) if you have any questions please ring Olga after all sessions are finished.
- Each child must be a full member of the British Gymnastics Association, London Gymnastics Federation and Elite Gymnastics Club and hold valid insurance before participating in any lesson (annual membership September to August)
- Please inform us in advance if your child will not be attending a session.
- Please ensure that your child has had a drink and been to the toilet before the session starts
- No Chewing Gum or food allowed in the Gym
- Children progress better if parents do not distract them. It’s dangerous to communicate with your child whilst training (curtains will be closed as kids may be distracted and this is dangerous).
- Infants; Please hand your child’s attendance book to their coach at the beginning of the lesson.
- We do not feel it is appropriate for children under the age of FIVE to be left un attended at any time, for this reason please do not leave premises during the session time
- Uniforms- All members must purchase club uniform once they have completed their first course of lessons.
- Hair –Must be tide up and tidy using soft hair bands, to prevent injury
- No Jewellery is to be worn including sleeper earrings (if you unable to remove earrings, they must be covered with a plaster), this is a condition laid down by British Gymnastics
- Discipline- the Warm Up is essential to prevent injury, please ensure your child arrives promptly, late arrival is also an unfair distraction to the class and may delay your child joining the session. (over 15min late will not be allowed to join a class)
- The door must be shut all the time, and curtains too as it’s distract children.
NB. It should be noted that we operate a zero tolerance policy towards members who are consistently or excessively rude or abusive towards any member of Staff at the Club.
Membership will be terminated without hesitation for such behaviour.
This also applies to members who, by their actions or behaviour, bring the good name of the Club into disrepute – even whilst outside the Club premises.
We are here to provide the best possible level of coaching in a professionally run, friendly, fair and respectful environment. All we ask is that our members treat us and the good name of the Club in the same way.
Our primary aim during the session time is to concentrate on your child if you have any general queries, please contact me outside the session time.
Elite Gymnastics Academy CIC would appreciate any feedback or suggestions that you may have to enhance our service.
Suitable clothing for this activity is mandatory (leotard or t-shirt & shorts with no buttons or zips or pockets). Hair must be tied back with no hard bobbles, beads or clips. Strictly no jewellery or any form of body piercing please. Full Club Uniform must be purchased from the Club and worn before commencing a second course. Failure to do so will result in exclusion from sessions until suitably attired.
Code of Conduct
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all our members. The club believes it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Therefore, members are encouraged to be open at all times and share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with Michelle (nominated Welfare Officers).
As a member of Elite Recreational Gym Club you are expected to abide by the following club rules:
- All members must participate within the rules and respect coaches, judges and their decisions.
- All members must respect opponents and fellow club members.
- Members should keep to agreed timings for training and competitions or inform their coach, or if they are going to be late.
- Members must wear suitable attire for training and events as agreed with the coach. Keep all long hair tied back. Remove all body jewellery.
- Members must pay any fees for training or events promptly.
- Members must not smoke, consume alcohol or take drugs of any kind whilst representing the club at competitions or other events.
- Members should treat all equipment with respect.
- Members must inform the head coach of any injuries or illness they may have before the warm-up begins.
- Members should not eat or chew gum during a session.
- Members must not use bad language.
- Members should remain with coaches at the end of a session until collected by their parent or guardian.
Code of conduct
- Encourage your child to learn the rules and participate within them.
- Discourage challenging / arguing with officials.
- Publicly accept officials’ judgements.
- Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results.
- Set a good example by recognising good sportsmanship and applauding the good performances of all.
- Never force your child to take part in sport.
- Always ensure your child is dressed appropriately for the activity and has plenty to drink.
- Keep the club informed if your child is ill or unable to attend sessions.
- Endeavour to establish good communications with the club, coaches and officials for the benefit of all.
- Share any concerns or complaints about any aspect of the club through the approved channels.
- Use correct and proper language at all times.
- Never punish or belittle a child for poor performance or making mistakes.
- Always collect your child promptly at the end of a session.
- Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their sport.